Immerse yourself in the rich and lustrous history of Swing dancing while enjoying a fabulous weekend retreat filled with fun and fellowship! Learn, laugh, and connect with friends old and new, explore dance evolution from the early 1900s to today, and seize the chance to take your dance to a new level.
- When: November 2 through 5, 2017. Registration begins at 4pm on Thursday. Last dance finishes at 3:30 on Sunday.
- Location: Seabeck Conference Center on Hood Canal, about 20 minutes west of Bremerton at 13395 Lagoon Drive NW, Seabeck, WA 98380.
- Cost: Costs vary depending on room accommodations, date of registration, and if you are registering with a Registration Buddy (see below.) The cost includes everything: all classes, accommodations, meals, dances, and live music. More information on accommodations and costs appears below.With your Registration Buddy discount (see below) rates run from $275 to $695 per person.
- Registration Buddy Discount: To help keep the camp balanced, we encourage you to register with a Registration Buddy, another person of the opposite dance role (lead or follow.) A Registration Buddy does not imply any obligation other than to confirm a spot for you at Seabeck Dance Camp. You are not required to share a room with your Registration Buddy. Register by October 15 with a Registration Buddy and you will each receive a $50 discount. Please indicate the name of your Registration Buddy when registering.
- Deposit: A $100 deposit per person will hold your spot until October 20, when your balance will be due.
- Prerequisites: The camp is open to singles and couples who have partner dance experience. To enjoy this camp you should be comfortable with partner dancing and have taken at least one intermediate swing dance class series.
- Cancellation Policy: All payments are refundable until October 20. Cancellations received on or after October 20 will result in a $100 administration fee.
Dance and Make New Friends
We will have workshops, dances, and live music! Seabeck Dance Camp is a great time to make new friends and get to know the instructors up close and personal. Share meals, hikes, and late night chats by the fire with new friends and old.
Our instructors will teach swing dance workshops in West Coast Swing, East Coast Swing, Blues, Foxtrot, Western Swing, Lindy Hop, Balboa, and possibly more. All of the instructors will be at the dances and other activities as well. They are:
- Guy Caridi
- Sean Donovan
- Janice Eklund
- Nancy Fry
- Winfield Hobbs
- John Lozano
- Scot McKay
- Wren Newman
- Dean Paton
Select the link to see the activities and lessons for Thursday through Sunday.
Dancing Friday night with the Jukehouse Hounds and Saturday night with StickShift Annie with Kimble and the Fugitives .There will also be DJ’d dances Thursday and Sunday. We will have two dance floors available for dancing late into the night.
Register by October 15 and you will receive a $50 discount each when you register with a Registration Buddy. Registration Buddies are not required to share rooms. Your priority for your choice of room will be determined by your registration date. The earlier you register the better chance you have of getting your choice of room.
Accommodations and Costs:
The accommodations at Seabeck Conference Center are varied, with both historic and newer buildings and with both private baths and shared baths down the hall. Double rooms usually have two twin beds (some that can be put together to make a king). There are a limited number of double beds. We will do our best to match your request with the types of rooms available. Room assignments are based on your date of deposit, so it is to your advantage to register early.
If you want a specific roommate, please provide his or her name when you register.
The rates below are for registrations made by October 15, 2017 without a Registration Buddy.. Registrations made with a Registration Buddy are $50 less each up until that date.
Thursday evening arrival:
- Private bath: $695 (historic or newer)
- Shared bath: $475 (historic)
- Private bath: $525
- Shared bath: $450
3 or 4 persons per room (singles only)
- Shared bath: $400 (historic)
Friday evening arrival:
- private bath: $695 (historic or newer)
- shared bath: $400 (historic)
- Private bath: $450
- Shared bath: $375
3 or 4 persons per room (singles only)
- Shared bath: $325 (historic)
Summary of Registration Dates:
- October 15: Register by this date with a Registration Buddy to each receive your $50 off.
- October 20: All fees due in full. Cancellations on or after October 20 will result in a $100 administration fee.
- November 1: No refunds after this date.
Your deposit holds your spot until October 20. At that time your balance will be due.
If you are registering someone other than yourself, please tell us that person’s name.
We now have a “waitlist” for Follows and Couples. Leads are encouraged to register. so we can take some follows off the waitlist.