Enhance your dance at Northwest Dance Network with standalone dance workshops. The instructors will review basics and then introduce each topic in a playful way. Dance workshops allow time for guided practice as well as instruction.
What you need to know:
- No partner necessary! While you can sign up with a partner, many dancers attend workshops solo.
- Location: Swedish Club, 1920 Dexter Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109.
- Cost: Each workshop is $25 per person if you pre-register, or $30 if you pay at the door.
- When applicable, dancers register as leads or follows, as they prefer. In some workshops, all participants learn both leading and following; these workshops are designated as open role.
- If you are registering using a gift certificate, please contact us to register.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact us.
Prerequisites: See individual workshop descriptions.
Location: Swedish Club, 1920 Dexter Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109
Sundays unless otherwise stated. Click for full description and registration.
3:30-5:30 p.m. Fusion Blues: The Art of Slow Dancing (Lilli Ann Carey, Claire Carey)
6:00-8:00 p.m. Intro to Zydeco (Lilli Ann Carey, Claire Carey)
3:30-5:30 p.m. Four Count Swing (Guy Caridi, Nancy Fry)
6:00-8:00 p.m. Lindy Charleston (Guy Caridi, Nancy Fry)
3:30-5:30 p.m. Shim Sham/Jitterbug Stroll (Guy Caridi, Nancy Fry)
6:00-8:00 p.m. Accelerated Cha Cha (Guy Caridi, Nancy Fry)
7:00-9:00 p.m. Followup workshop for Richard Powers Weekend Friday at Seattle Central Community College
(Dean Paton with Myles and Chloe of Broadway Waltz)
3:30-5:30 p.m. Dance Sampler for Parties and Weddings (Guy Caridi, Nancy Fry)
6:00-8:00 p.m. Honky Tonk: Two Step and Schottisch (Sean Donovan, Nancy Fry)