Northwest Dance Network has dance classes for both beginning and experienced dancers. Classes usually meet weekly for five weeks.
New to partner dancing? You’ve come to the right place! Northwest Dance offers fun, supportive beginning dance classes in a variety of styles including swing, blues, waltz, and zydeco. In addition to our outstanding instructors, we have teaching assistants in all of our beginning dance classes, who provide personal guidance as needed. Beginning classes require no previous dance experience.
What you need to know:
- No partner necessary. While you can sign up with a partner, many dancers attend classes solo.
- Location: Swedish Club, 1920 Dexter Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109.
- Cost: $60 per person for each 5-week series. Cost for students under 23 with ID is $45 for each 5-week series. On occasion, classes are taught over a time span other than five weeks, and in such cases costs may vary.
- Dancers register as leads or follows, as they prefer.
- Repeat our most popular 5-week beginning classes within a year for $45. Please see the class descriptions for classes that currently have this option.
- Northwest Dance honors one valid discount per person per session.
- If you are registering using a 10-class discount card or a gift certificate, please contact us to register.
- If you are using a discount coupon (such as LivingSocial or Groupon) or have questions or concerns, please contact us.
In addition to classes, we also teach standalone workshops for dancers at a variety of skill levels.
Call Northwest Dance at 206-781-1238, or click on the links below to register online.
5 Weeks: April 12, 19, 26, May 3, 10 – with Sean Donovan and Nancy Fry
6:30-7:30 PM: Beginning Swing
7:30-8:30 PM: Swing 2 – Fresh Moves
8:30-9:30 PM: Intermediate Zydeco
5 Weeks: April 13, 20, 27, May 4, 11 – with Lilli Ann Carey and Claire Carey
6:30-7:30 PM: Beginning Waltz
7:30-8:30 PM: West Coast Swing 1.5
8:30-9:30 PM: Intermediate Cross Step Waltz HAS BEEN CANCELLED THIS SESSION