Northwest Dance Network has dance classes for both beginning and experienced dancers. Classes usually meet weekly for five weeks.
New to partner dancing? You’ve come to the right place! Northwest Dance offers fun, supportive beginning dance classes in a variety of styles including swing, blues, waltz, and zydeco. In addition to our outstanding instructors, we have teaching assistants in all of our beginning dance classes, who provide personal guidance as needed. Beginning classes require no previous dance experience.
What you need to know:
- No partner necessary. While you can sign up with a partner, many dancers attend classes solo.
- Location: Swedish Club, 1920 Dexter Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109.
- Cost: $60 per person for each 5-week series. Cost for students under 23 with ID is $45 for each 5-week series. On occasion, classes are taught over a time span other than five weeks, and in such cases costs may vary.
- Dancers register as leads or follows, as they prefer.
- Repeat our most popular 5-week beginning classes within a year for $45. Please see the class descriptions for classes that currently have this option.
- Northwest Dance honors one valid discount per person per session.
- If you are registering using a 10-class discount card or a gift certificate, please contact us to register.
- If you are using a discount coupon (such as LivingSocial or Groupon) or have questions or concerns, please contact us.
In addition to classes, we also teach standalone workshops for dancers at a variety of skill levels.
All classes are at the Swedish Cultural Center, 1920 Dexter Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109.
April 7, 2019:
(April 7 – May 12) with Cathy Footer & Sean Donovan
April 7, 14, no class April 21 due to Easter Sunday, April 28, May 5, May 12)
3pm: Beginning Waltz
4pm: Swing 2
5pm: Zydeco 2
(April 10 – May 8) with Guy Caridi and Nancy Fry
April 10, 17, 24, May 1, 8
6:30pm: Beginning Swing
7:30pm: One-Step/4-Count Swing Fusion
8:30pm: Waltz 2
Feb 20, 2019:
(February 24-March 24) with Sean Donovan and Cathy Footer
February 24, March 3, 10, 17, 24
3pm: Beginning Swing
4pm: Waltz 2
5pm: Country Two-step 2
(February 20 – March 20) with Guy Caridi and Nancy Fry
February 20, 27, March 6, 13, 20
6:30pm: Swing 2
7:30pm: Beginning Waltz
8:30pm: Lindy Hop 2