The mission of Northwest Dance Network is to inspire the art, joy, and excellence of non-competitive social dance. We are committed to creating a safe and welcoming environment for dancers of all abilities, and aspire for every dancer to enjoy a positive experience at Northwest Dance Network events.
To best achieve this we expect all participants attending Northwest Dance Network events to
- Treat instructors, staff, volunteers, dancers, and other participants with courtesy and respect.
- Obey all laws and follow any rules governing use of the facility.
- Communicate and respect personal boundaries.
- Refrain from making unwanted sexual advances.
- Refrain from using foul, inappropriate, abusive verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Support and encourage your partner rather than criticizing what you perceive as shortcomings.
- Avoid dance moves that may put others or yourself at risk on the dance floor.
- Practice good hygiene: avoid fragrances; wash hands or use sanitizer frequently.
- Promptly report any concerns regarding departures from these guidelines to the Dance Manager.
- Leave without incident if asked by Dance Manager of Northwest Dance Network.
Instructors and other representatives of Northwest Dance Network further agree to:
- Model the highest degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Listen to concerns from participants objectively and address them as immediately as possible and appropriate.
- Make sincere efforts to afford participants privacy and confidentiality when addressing complaints or concerns.
- Bring incidents to the attention of the Northwest Dance Network Board of Directors as soon as practical.
Revised December 20, 2017