Seabeck Dance Camp
Steppin’ Out at Seabeck Dance Camp 2018
Swing music and swing dance are Great American folk art forms. Learn, laugh, and connect with friends old and new as you explore swing in a multitude of its variations. Seize the chance to expand your dance at Seabeck 2018.
This year’s theme arrives from two influences. “Steppin’ Out With My Baby” is an Irving Berlin song we all know from the movie “Easter Parade”. We long for the elegance of Fred Astaire tripping the light fantastic with three different partners. The second is the joyful abandon of the embrace depicted in the beautiful linocut art piece “In Step”, created by multiple-camp attendee Evon Zerbetz. We hope that you, too, will embrace all with joyful abandon as you are “Steppin’ Out” at Seabeck 2018.
- When: November 1 through 4, 2018. Registration begins at 4pm on Thursday. The last dance finishes at 3:30pm on Sunday.
- Where: Seabeck Conference Center on Hood Canal, about 20 minutes west of Bremerton at 13395 Lagoon Drive NW, Seabeck, WA 98380.
- How much: Costs vary depending on room accommodations, date of registration, and if you are registering with a Registration Buddy. The cost includes everything: all classes, accommodations, meals, dances, and live music.
- Registration Buddy Discount: To help keep the camp balanced, we encourage you to register with a Registration Buddy, another person of the opposite dance role (lead or follow). Registration Buddies are not required to share rooms. Register by October 15 with a Registration Buddy and you will each receive a $50 discount. (Please note: the Registration Buddy discount is not available with Single occupancy with Private bath rooms).
- Housing: The accommodations at Seabeck Conference Center are varied, with both historic and newer buildings and with both private baths and shared baths down the hall. Your priority for your choice of room will be determined by your registration date. The earlier you register the better chance you have of getting your room of choice.
- Deposit: A $100 deposit per person will hold your spot until October 15 when your balance will be due.
- Prerequisites: The camp is open to singles and couples who have partner dance experience. To enjoy this camp you should be comfortable with partner dancing and have completed at least one intermediate swing dance class series.
Our instructors will teach swing dance workshops in West Coast Swing, East Coast Swing, Blues, Foxtrot, Western Swing, Lindy Hop, Balboa, and possibly more. All of the instructors will be at the dances and other activities as well. They are:
There will be live bands on both Friday and Saturday nights along with a second dance floor available all three nights with DJ’d music.
Seabeck Dance Camp is All The Rage this year. A full 3 months before camp, we were almost full! We have a few more openings for leads and for couples (or registration buddies). At this time, registration is closed for follows. Should openings occur, we will let you know here.
October 15 – All fees due for pre-registrations
October 15 – Also, this is the last day to register with a Registration Buddy
October 20 – Last day for cancellations. Cancellations after this date will result in a $100 administration fee.
The rates below are for registrations made by October 15 without a Registration Buddy.
- Private bath: $695 Registration Buddy discount not available (two twin beds)
- Shared bath: $475 (single twin bed)
- Private bath: $525 (two twin beds, some that can be put together to make a “king”)
- Shared bath: $450 (two twin beds along with a limited number of double beds)
3 or 4 persons per room (singles only)
- Shared bath: $350 (two twins and a double or three twins)