New Years Eve Dance
Dec 31: New Year’s Eve Dance
‘In the Mood’ with Dina Blade
December 31 (Monday) 8:30pm, 2018/19
Get ‘In the Mood’ for 2019 with Dina Blade and Swingin’ in the Rain. Celebrate the arrival of 2019 with Dina Blade and her Swingin’ in the Rain sextet. Party with Northwest Dance Network at Ballard’s Leif Erikson Ballroom. Not just a couples’ event—singles, couples and groups most welcome. Bring your friends and your dance shoes. This evening always sells out, so get your tickets sooner rather than later.
• Dance for three full hours to Dina’s delicious vocals.
• Expect musical variety: swing, Latin, waltz, foxtrots, one-steps and blues.
• Avail yourself of the Taxi Dancers as often as you please. We always attempt to maintain a reasonable balance of Leads and Follows.
• Savor the light buffet—created by Chef David Kositsky from locally sourced (and often organic) ingredients: tables of hearty savories and delicate desserts for omnivores, vegetarians, even vegans.
• Relax in the no-host bar with a glass of wine, beer, or a specialty cocktail.
• Toast the New Year with your choice of Champagne or sparkling cider on the house, of course.
• Complimentary parking in two big parking lots (a rare VIP treat in modern Seattle).
• The doors open at 8:30pm, dancing starts at 9pm, and the evening comes to a close at 12:30am.
• Attire: We encourage cocktail or formal dress.
The Leif Erikson Hall is located at 2245 NW 57th Street. Banner Bank and JoAnn Fabrics allow free parking for New Year’s Eve dancers in their lots. No outside alcoholic beverages are permitted (because of state regulations). Please check that your dance shoes do not mark the floor.
Tickets: $65 in advance, $80 after December 24:
Brown Paper Tickets
Pictures from 2017 event:
Photos: Karen Ludwig