Youth Dance Program
DANCE IT!, NW Dance's youth dance program*, offers free swing dancing lessons at local high schools. Teenagers can learn the basic elements of energetic swing dancing and share the joy of learning how to partner dance. To date, we have taught over 1,000 teenagers the joys and benefits of social dance.
FREE tote bag (great for dance shoes) with any donation $25 or more. Your contributions are tax deductible and will help us continue this wonderful program.
*sponsored by Northwest Dance Network.
NW Dance is a nonprofit organization creating and supporting community through dance.
Our Program Includes
- Four weeks of FREE swing dance lessons
- Free swing dance demonstration
- Continuing lessons at a reasonable price
- Pre-dance workshops
Here are just a few of our professional instructors:
- Mark Kihara, energetic swing and Lindy teacher at the Century Ballroom
- Lizzy Boyer, Swing dance, performer, musician and DJ
- Michelle Badion, mistress of swing, salsa, tango and Latin dancing
Dance It! 2009 • Swing Class
"Learning to swing dance was a great life decision-not only has it turned into a source for entertainment, but it has been great exercise and has provided fantastic social opportunities-and it was the Dance It! program that made this possible."
"Learning to swing and salsa at school was so much fun. The Dance It! teachers are professional and energetic. Now that I've learned the basics I feel confident going out to dance in Seattle and want to learn more."